Friday, October 5, 2012

GTI - 2011, MKVI, Autobahn Edition

GTI - 2011, MKVI, Autobahn Edition Tube. Duration : 9.85 Mins.


Update 10/05/2011: A person asked me how I felt about my GTI now that I'm coming up to a full year of ownership. The following was my response to the question. You are correct, I'm coming up on my first year of ownership of my GTI and I'd be happy to give you my impressions to this point. I've put approximately 12.5k miles on the car and I've driven it in rain, snow, excruciating Summer heat, several rounds of autocross and everything in between. In a nutshell, I still love this car. First and foremost, I've had zero mechanical problems with my GTI. Not even the tiniest of issues to report. Hence, I can only conclude from my experience that the build quality of my GTI is absolutely top notch. I took the car in for a gratis 6k inspection and 10k servicing and this went without a hitch. There was a factory software recall which was applied by the dealer to my GTI which fixed a problem with the keyless entry system but I'd never experienced the rectified problem in the first place. My GTI appears to drive today with the same exhilarating quickness as it did the day I took delivery. The car still handles with a sublime tightness without a hint of body roll but it also still has the same relatively stiff suspension to remind you when going over bumps and potholes too. The turbo still has the same explosive power and I've made very good use of it when driving autocross. The car really behaves very differently with the traction control disabled (the throttle response in ...

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.